The PDF version of the History Book is also available on our website.
Please view the Cover
Page [approx. 100KB] and the
History Book [approx. 2.9 MB] itself from here (note that the PDF files will
open in a new window).
You might want to read some helpful instructions on downloading and reading PDF files from our website.
Foreword by Lawrence F. Campbell
1. 1952 and Before: Building the Foundations of an International Service Organization
2. The First Decade 1952 to 1962: ICEVIs Early Years
3. The Second Decade 1962 to 1972: Improving the Quality of Education within Established Programs
4. The Third Decade 1972 to 1982: Developing New Educational Approaches and Reaching New Populations
5. The Fourth Decade 1982 to 1992: Reaching the Unreached Concerns for Those in Developing Countries and Building a Regional ICEVI Network
6. The Fifth Decade 1992-2002: Strengthening ICEVI by Building and Empowering the Regional Structures ICEVI Reaches Maturity
7. Postscript by Lawrence F. Campbell
A: Presidents of ICEVI
B: Conferences Dates, Titles & Numbers of Attendees
C: The Evolution of a Name
D: Selected Topics: Braille, Low Vision, Mainstreaming, Mobility, Multi-impaired and Preschool
F: Time Line